Tag Archives: 1950s in Wedgwood

From Morningside to Wedgwood Presbyterian Church

In the 1920s and 1930s before Wedgwood acquired its name, its sense of identity and defined boundaries, the name Morningside was often used for the neighborhood. Beginning in 1913 the Morningside Heights plat on the west side of 35th Ave … Continue reading

Posted in churches, name of the neighborhood, Plat names | Tagged , , , , , | Leave a comment

The Eastwood and Wedgwood Community Clubs

During the years of World War Two from 1941 to 1945 all Seattleites had some concerns about the possibility of bombing, since Seattle is a coastal city.  For this reason people took civil defense training and organized their neighborhoods to help one another in … Continue reading

Posted in boundaries, community club (old), Immigrant heritage, name of the neighborhood, Plat names | Tagged , , , , , , | Leave a comment