Category Archives: Picardo Farm
In the Spring of the year our thoughts turn to gardening.
Census records of 1920 show that there were quite a few immigrants living in the northeast Seattle neighborhood of Wedgwood that year. Germans who built their own houses and settled in Wedgwood included John Herkenrath, Gustav Morris, and William Voss, … Continue reading
The Wedgwood neighborhood did not come completely into the Seattle city limits until 1954. The area retained some of its semi-rural character into the 1960s, such as the Picardo Farm which operated at 8040 25th Ave NE. The Picardo family’s long … Continue reading