Tag Archives: neighborhood organizing in the 1940’s

Wedgwood’s Do-It-Yourself Fire Department in the 1940s

In 1941 developer Albert Balch started building houses from NE 80th to 85th Streets, 30th to 35th Avenues NE, and chose the name “Wedgwood” for the new subdivision.  He did not deliberately set out to name the neighborhood, but the … Continue reading

Posted in boundaries, Fire Station | Tagged , , , | Leave a comment