Valarie says: The Union Bay Natural Area, the Washington Park Arboretum, the Yesler Swamp and Foster Island are teeming with wildlife. Our thanks to the Montlaker blog and Union Bay Watch for helping us know and appreciate nature in northeast Seattle. Follow the “UBW” link above, to see more photos on the Union Bay Watch page. For a map and more info about these areas, go to the University of Washington Botanic Gardens home page.
- Gas Stations and Open Space in Wedgwood: the Morningside Substation
- Business Changes and Development Pressures in Northeast Seattle: Neighborhood Stores
- Gas Stations and Growth in Northeast Seattle: Gray’s Service Station
- Searching for the Origins of Seattle Street Names
- The Preston Brothers: from Maine to Seattle